How to Determine Who Your Target Audience isApril 9, 2014
Don’t Stop Saying I Love YouApril 26, 2014
#LyricMarketingTips #15 for 2014: Should you use Instagram in your marketing?
With over 200 million active monthly users, sharing an average of 60 million photos every day that receive 1.6 billion LIKES – every day, I definitely think you should consider using Instagram to tell your marketing story!
Here are some tips/information about how to successfully bring Instagram into your marketing mix:
- Instagram was recently purchased by Facebook, making it the web’s dominant image sharing site.
- Think about image sharing as part of your content marketing strategy.
- Post images that accompany your content with a link to the piece, this way your picture-sharing directs the user back to for content.
- Share unique behind-the-scenes and personal content, this gives your content an exclusivity factor.
- Tying your promotions to images with a call for action will help with engagement and conversions.
- Ask your followers for pictures that represent your brand and reward the best contributor with recognition.
- Offer high-quality peripheral content, if it’s interesting, it’s worth sharing.
- Do you use video in your marketing? Instagram now offers easy syndication of short videos.
- Post visually stimulating pictures of your brand in action, reinforcing your brand and services.
- Be sure to use #hashtags for better visibility and trending opportunities.
When building a strategy that uses photos to tell your compelling story, be sure to be creative and take pictures that are colorful, well lit and have a sense of humor – have fun! Below are a few photos that have had great success in driving traffic to various blog posts I have written.
This image has been wildly successful and continues to drive traffic to the SaturdaySoul blog post that was published over a year ago!
The lovers image was interesting and perfect for the February Hot List, one of the most viewed posts of the last 18 months.