Success requires more than HOPE for the real estate agent.
Do you have a business plan for your real estate business? Does it contain the essential elements such as Technology, Marketing, and Website Plans? If not, your plan for success is HOPE.
HOPE that you succeed
HOPE that you get a listing
HOPE that the buyer will make an offer
HOPE that your website is visited and generates leads
HOPE that you close enough sales to pay the bills this month
While HOPE has its place, it is too passive a way to approach an aggressive, competitive business. Deliberate planning, discipline, and commitment are essential elements for anyone who wants more out of a real estate career than a few sales a year…and yet many whom you meet in the business cannot articulate anything close to a systematic approach to selling.
Real estate is a sales business, and “sales” is all about numbers, ratios, and percentages. What systems and methods do you have in place that will allow you to improve your efforts and your results, week after week, month after month, year after year?
Here are 8 HOPEFULLY helpful hints:
1. Create a business plan that is specific…specificity is the key to execution. Begin with your annual goals and break them down into the daily tasks required to get you where you want to be at the end of the year.
2. Create a Technology Plan that is consistent with your Business Plan. Be sure to establish a budget and a timeline for the integration of the technology into your daily practice.
3. Create a comprehensive, integrated Marketing Plan that includes conventional marketing and is tied to your internet marketing – don’t get stuck in one marketing method – DIVERSIFY!
4. Create a Website Plan that takes advantage of the marketing power of your listings. A listing is a marketing asset and can be used to bring you buyers and other listings. Offered through 1parkplace.com, I recommend 1parkplace.com’s eMarketing Solution as the best listing syndication and eMarketing solution the industry has to offer; take advantage of it.
5. Be Found. Create profiles on all the major social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. Use the power of your networks to build relationships and reconnect with people…“Contacts Create Contracts.”
6. Learn how to run a WordPress blog.
7. Differentiate yourself from the competition – what is YOUR story?
8. Become comfortable with technology and social media marketing in general.