Top 10 PRACTICAL Reasons I use Twitter in my Marketing PlanJune 12, 2010
Marketing 101: a starter guide for using Twitter and blogging in real estate marketingJune 17, 2010
Keep it Simple with a Marketing Triangle
Let’s face it, you are the busiest you have ever been. You are trying to keep up with all your learning, staying active in the community, marketing and learning about (or keeping up with) technology, and of course making money…it is easy to get distracted and thrown off course from your main goal of building your business and adding clients.
It is time to simplify things and when it comes to your marketing, it doesn’t have to be difficult. You have heard me say before that marketing is simply telling people what you are doing in your business. It’s that simple. But the problems happen when we get stretched too thin and forget our marketing, or, we get involved in too many different marketing programs and become exhausted and we wind up doing nothing!
Here is a simple principle I learned that will help you get your marketing in line…it is called the marketing triangle and it is an easy to remember strategy for building your marketing plan. Market – Message – Media.
MARKET: you need to choose a target market. Wean out the wrong people to get to the right people.
- Is it large enough?
- Is it easy to reach?
- Do they have money to spend?
- Do you have a natural affinity with it?
MESSAGE: you need to speak to your market in THEIR language, in a way that they will respond. Talk like they do, get on their level so to speak. RELATE to them. You would need to market differently to a group of senior citizens as opposed to a group of seniors graduating from high school!
- Be bold in your message
- Be clear in your information
- Be consistent
MEDIA: Don’t limit yourself to online only
- Diversify your marketing
- The Internet is a media all it’s own
- What is the best way to reach my target, my list, my prospect?
- Mail white paper on your industry/market
- Mail newsletter to your SOI
- Fax a newsletter or key industry articles
- Fedex a document or media kit, brochure, etc
- Mail marketing piece to Sr. Citizen
Be creative and do your research … what would catch your attention? How would you pay attention?
To be successful in your business you need to have these 3 things line up: Market, Message and Media
- Pick a plan and stick to it – choose a marketing model that is tried and proven – pick a plan work your plan
- Get rid of fear you might miss out on something and stay focused on the plan you choose – STOP BUYING marketing programs and WORK the program you have!
Times may change but marketing 101 does not change. “Master the marketing basics and your business will grow”. Just like Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods practice, practice, practice to bring perfection to their game, mastering your marketing through repetition – by doing it over and over and over again, will bring you success.
Thanks to Ali Brown for sharing her insites and her marketing expertise. Check her out at www.alibrown.com.